Some facts about me:
* The name above is actually inspired by my best friend’s dad, who enjoys making up nicknames for me and has recently become fond of calling me Torrence. Although I do know who Florence Nightingale was, she has nothing to do with this blog.
* I love books. The Book Thief (Markus Zusak), Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury) and To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) are a few that I think played a big part in how I write and how I think. If you haven’t read one or any of them… go start reading them now.
* I love movies as well. Inception, Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Miracle on 34th Street are some of my top favorites.
* I am a music education major, and I love it. A lot. I aspire to teach music at an elementary school and introduce my students to world music, such as Japanese Taiko drumming and Ethiopian Masenko playing.
* I play the flute. I practice often and love to perform. I’m trying to learn the piano. I practice that often too but am not really good at it… yet.
* Christmas music and movie soundtracks are my favorites!!!
* I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (which means I’m a Mormon, for people less familiar with the church’s full name)
* My favorite food is French Toast. Good French Toast. The thick kind that’s crispy and covered in maple syrup.
* I make collages from magazine pictures (pictures of a few will probably find their way to this blog, if they haven’t already… oh, look, they have!)
* I like to dip my french fries in ice-cream.
* And oh yeah…I like to write.